What data do we collect?
Leeward Clinical Ltd collects the following data:
- Personal identification information
- Your full name
- Your date of birth
- Your telephone number
- Your email address
- General information
- Appointment details
- Administrative correspondence
- Completed consent forms
- Special category data
- For the completion of some assessments, third parties will send us information they hold about you, with your consent e.g Tusla/Solicitors. This information is held securely if hard copies are sent, and password protected if sent electronically.
- Payment information
- Your full name
- Transaction date and amount
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Leeward Clinical Ltd with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Voluntarily complete a contact request.
- Voluntarily send us an email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
We also obtain data about you from your legal representative or requesting body during the course of them securing our services on your behalf.
How will we use your data?
Leeward Clinical Ltd collects your data:
- To communicate with you and/or your legal representative and/or the requesting body regarding any enquiries you make pertaining to our services.
- To provide the service(s) you or your legal representative or a requesting body engage us for, including sending appointment reminders, payment receipts (when requested), payment reminders, scheduling communications, completing assessment, engaging in therapy intervention.
- To process your payments.
- Deliver the service for which we are engaged.
- For example, if we are engaged to conduct an assessment, the assessment report will be shared in accordance with the individuals/organisations listed on consent to release information form that you will sign. This may include the referrer, the Judge at court ( if a court report has been requested), a GP if you consent or perhaps other allied health professionals.
We do not hold or have access to your credit card or banking information.
How do we store your data?
Leeward Clinical Ltd securely stores your data in digital form on our company Google Workspace cloud account. Data in hardcopy is stored at a secure location, inside a locked cabinet.
Leeward Clinical Ltd is required to retain information about you for certain periods due to statutory or regulatory requirements. We destroy all personal and sensitive data, including copies of reports that we generate, email and written correspondence, after a period of 7 years from date of last contact or until the client is 21 (if the client is a child), whichever is later. We undertake the removal of this data once per year. Hard copies are destroyed via confidential shredding.
Payment information will remain on record with our payment processors and accounting processes.
Your personal data is private and confidential. There are however limitations to confidentiality which include but are not limited to the following:
- Where information is required by law, for example where a mandated disclosure must be made by the clinician under Children’s First Guidelines.
- In the instance that your records/assessment reports are requested as part of a legal process or court order. During legal processes (such as Section 47 or Section 32 assessment reports) information from your assessment and/or your child’s assessment can be read out in court, be made available to the solicitors representing both parties, or be heard as part of expert witness testimony. You will be asked to thoroughly read the consent form regarding assessments for court purposes and to ask any questions that you may have. You may also withdraw your consent to assessment, without prejudice.
- When the clinician deems it necessary to ensure some steps are taken regarding safety planning due to risk of harm to yourself or others. This may include notifying a family member, GP, Gardai, Tusla or other relevant services regarding the risk.
Our newsletters contain tracking pixels which allows the email marketing platform, Mailerlite, to analyse the success of an email marketing campaign. Leeward Clinical Ltd may be able to see if and when a newsletter email was opened by you and whether you clicked on any links in the email newsletter.
If you have agreed to receive our email newsletter, you have the right to opt out at a later date by using the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of each email.
What are your data protection rights?
Leeward Clinical Ltd would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Leeward Clinical Ltd for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service. Please note that some assessment reports and any information related to same ( e.g. those that have been directly requested by a Judge) are considered court property and as such are privileged. Examples of these privileged reports are Section 47 and Section 32 family law reports and parenting capacity reports.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Leeward Clinical Ltd correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Leeward Clinical Ltd to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Leeward Clinical Ltd erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Leeward Clinical Ltd restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Leeward Clinical Ltd’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Leeward Clinical Ltd transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Leeward Clinical Ltd has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Data Protection Commission’s Office via https://www.dataprotection.ie/en/individuals/exercising-your-rights/raising-concern-commission.